Thursday, April 26, 2007

Goodbye ECB and The Driest April Ever??


It is a very sad day today. I am losing my favourite class: ECB (Energy Centre Bratislava) For now, the class has run out of budget for English classes for the rest of the year.
I will miss them dearly. If any ECB students are reading this, I would like to say that you are the best looking, most individualistic, the most demanding and most intelligent students I have ever taught. I will particularly miss my 'teacher's pet' who always made me tea, always turned up regularly and stayed after the lesson to talk to me. Sadly, that person is married.

The temperature has topped 25C, which must be a record for this region. It has put Spain and Britain in the shade. This is also worrying as it is the driest April I can remember. All month, we have had no more than 2 inches of rain. That said, the weather must be good for Slovakia's already fast growing economy. People are filling the beer patios, eating cheap ice cream and swilling gallons of Zlaty Bazant, Slovakia's finest beer.

No comments: