Monday, November 27, 2006

Intensive travel Courses

The next three weeks are going to be hectic as I have some intensive travel courses to teach. A group of seven students from all over Slovakia have signed up to come all the way from Eastern Slovakia for me to throw roleplays and give them some voabulary about hotels and travelling.
The first half of my lesson was fine. Just loads of comparing expensive hotels and some vocabulary on facilities in hotels. The aim of the second half of my first lesson was about complain and how to deal with complaints in hotels. I decided to entertain them with a bit of Fawlty Towers where Basil has to deal with hotel inspectors. Although they found it funny, I think it would've been more beneficial to leave this one out as it wasted a good 5 minutes of precious time.

The students as usual are fit and friendly. There is only one guy on the course, which is nice. However, these students seem more interested in finding out about me rather than knowing about posh hotel facilities and how to order rail tickets in England. As I tried to teach about different types of holidays, the students asked questions about me and my personal life. One girl called Beata indirectly asked me personal questions about my age, love life, my drinking habits and so on. I don't mind as long as they're also prepared to tell me about their's.

No comments: